Let’s First Understand what is UiPath – UiPath is Robotic Process Automation tool and leading RPA vendor providing a complete software platform to help organizations efficiently automate business processes.
As an Automation Developer, I would say – UiPath is an Robotic Process Automation tool used for Windows desktop automation. Founded in 2005 by the Romanian entrepreneurs Daniel Dines and Marius Tirca. We can Add Uipath bot/s in our Bots to Automate Process/es.
Why it is considered as one of the Best (If not the best !!) vendors?
- According to Wikipedia – Following its acquisition of both ProcessGold and StepShot in 2019, UiPath has become the first vendor of scale to bring together both process mining and robotic process automation. According to research and advisory firm Gartner, the combination of RPA with process mining, AI, machine learning and analytics is best described as hyperautomation.
- It is one of the best tools to learn and practice from scratch as it’s Community Version is free to make your bot/s.
- AI Farbic is now Available for Enterprise Edition and ready for learners to go through with one of their courses.
- Not only Cost is very competitive but Resources are readily available in the market.
- UiPath is more Testing friendly than ever, specially with Entire Test suit and it can be a good alternative to Appium for Mobile automation.
- UiPath offers security so Instead of building logic by hand, UiPath offers the ability to do recording. It offers specialised recorders for desktop applications, web apps, Citrix environment and terminal emulators. And of course, this makes creating automation faster and more precise.
- Recently, UiPath raises $225 million in Series E funding round.
An innocent Question of beginner– Can we start making all our bots using UiPath?
Answer – Yes why not but (a really big but) Most of straightforward browser based Automation bot/s can be easily made using Open source tool Like Selenium which is free so do you really want to spend money on UiPath bot/s?
Similarly, Appium costs nothing i.e. Appium is an open source automation framework for use with native, hybrid and mobile web apps.
It drives iOS, Android, and Windows apps using the WebDriver protocol.
What is coming up in future for UiPath – Uipath has come up with new UI upgrades for Orchestrator (which was first released in 2016) and now which makes navigation layout easier for everyone. This roll out is expected to arrive in 20.10 version for enterprise & community Edition.
Finally – (as a Developer I love this Word !!)
Why people write ui path? To our understanding, It is easy to confuse with UiPath Logo where there is a square around Ui which is considered as different word.
What’s the story with UiPaths or Ui Paths? Again, what we heard, If it is an automation tool and it automate then writing Ui paths make sense as Automating many Ui Paths.